AHHHH! I fell behind again! I'm so sorry guys! And to make it up to you, I'm hosting a Christmas contest! Check down at the Contest subheader for details!
I will also take volunteers to help with the club, since it's getting chaotic and I can't do it all myself anymore. Send me a note and let me know!
We also have TONS of new members! Welcome to the club guys!:
We also have a few new affiliates! Check them out!:
-- I would like to ask that all members check the new list posted here: thepixarclub.deviantart.com/jo… . If you are not on the list because I missed you, you may leave a comment on the journal entry.
--If you want to become a New Member, you must note the club. Otherwise, I might miss your request.
RULES FOR BECOMING A PIXILLIAN:
- You must love Pixar (obviously!); Anything from the feature films to the animated shorts.
- Send a NOTE to the CLUB saying you would like to join (if you have submissions to make, a note with the link can be sent to the club)
- You will treat other members with respect; this is a Pixar-friendly club; No bashing the other members
- You would be kind enough to place the club's avatar in your journal (spread the word, share the love)
CALLING FOR SUBMISSIONS
** If you are a member of the club, and would like to submit work to the club, please note me with the link. We would love for everyone to see the wonderful work you've done!
** If you are NOT a member of the club, but would like to share your work, please note with the link so that I can add it to the club favorites list.
** Those of you interested in working at Pixar should take a look at The Pixar Animation Studio's personal blog, where employees post what's going on in the company.
** TOY STORY 3 news: Tim Allen says 'Toy Story 3' On Track
** The Official Disney/Pixar site for there next big film is up -- Ratatouille: Pixar's Next Big Hit? You decide.
** Another official Pixar Site, complete with a forum! Check it out! ----> Pixar Planet: All Things Pixar!
** Company news about Disney and Pixar's coming together -----> Disney/Pixar Partnership News
Okay, our last contest got NO ENTRIES, so this will be one of the final contests that I shall attempt to have for the club. There will be TWO categories, one for written (poems or stories), the other for visual (pictures, sculptures, etc.) . The theme is HOLIDAY SPIRIT (pfft, obviously ). However, there are a few rules, and this applies to both categories. The piece must feature:
* a candy cane
* at least two characters from different movies (e.g. Woody and Buzz are fine, but you need another character from another movie too)
* it has to say "Happy Holidays" somewhere on it or in it
* A present
That's it! Entries will be received until January 5th! Voting will begin on the 7th! Good luck!
Prize: Three month-subsciption to DA
Got questions? Leave a comment or note the club!